Being green not only helps the environment, but it can also help you get rid of the clutter in your life. Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Go paperless. Opt for emailed bank statements, utility bills, credit card bills and credit card statements. This will stop the paper coming into your house, and save trees!
- Reduce paper clutter by unsubscribing from catalogs and junk mail lists.
- Donate items in good condition.
- Think before you buy. The fewer possessions you have, the less time you’ll spend maintaining them. Buy quality items over quantity.
- Buy non-toxic cleaning products.
- Give experiences as gifts. A movie, a day at the zoo, or a baseball game can be more meaningful and don’t create clutter.
- Buy bamboo. Bamboo, the fastest growing plant on earth, is becoming one of the most significant and versatile natural resources. Look for it in fabrics and other household items. Drawer organizers can now be found in bamboo rather than plastic.
- Bring your own bag or carry your purchases without a bag.
- Unplug electronics that are not in use.
- Recycle batteries and ink cartridges.
- Sell old electronics like cell phones, tablets and MP3 players at the ecoATM.
NextSpring Cleaning - 10 Things to Get Rid of Now